Sunday, December 12, 2010

These Dreams

I have always had vivid, colorful, crazy dreams. And luckily I usually wake up remembering them in detail. It's usually a gift, but it has definitely been a curse at times. One of last night's dreams was pretty disturbing.

In my dream I was a pharmacist but I worked in a shady part of town (no doubt due to my real life wandering around the city at 1am last night looking for an open store so I could buy cough medicine). And it seemed that I always worked at night. And outside of the store I worked for (CVS!) there was always a hooker and a pimp/drug dealer hanging out. I would walk by them and say hello every night. Sometimes they would ignore me and other times the hooker would follow me, yelling and cursing. Well one night I guess I decided to yell back at her. Bad idea Dream Kourtnie!! The hooker threw a liquid on me (gasoline?) and a match which INSTANTLY made me burst into flames (no doubt from my real life watching of a stupid criminals show last night where one guy set himself on fire). Somehow I dialed 911, which seems pretty talented to do while you are burning to a crisp, and in minutes the ambulance and fire department and police were there. The hooker was arrested and so was her pimp/drug dealer. As they took them away in handcuffs I stood there laughing and pointing my finger at them.

But THAT'S not the craziest part of the dream. No, the crazy, insane, maniacal part was that six months later (I know it was six months because a blank screen came on in my dream that said 6 months later...)  I was planning a wedding to the hooker. That's right, I was marrying this woman who yelled at me, cursed at me, insulted me and set me on fire. What The Hell?! And all the while, as I was planning in my dream, Real Life Kourtnie was trying to scream at Dream Kourtnie to stop being so stupid and cancel the whole damn thing.

And all I have to say is wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Dreams can be powerful and amazing. Dreams can be silly and inconsequential. Sometimes they mean everything, sometimes they mean nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment