Friday, December 31, 2010

Free Your Mind Friday

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Oh definitely a joyful simpleton. There is nothing better in life than feeling joy and happiness.

22. Why are you, you?
I am me because I was born this way! But I've also been shaped by past lives (yes, I believe in reincarnation!), a terrible childhood, great friends, crazy life experiences, falling in love, traveling and reading.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I think I have fallen off the good friend wagon lately with everything I am going through, but usually I think I am a pretty good friend. I adore and cherish all my friends and I try hard to show them and tell them that!

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
I definitely think losing touch with a friend who is near is sadder and more painful. I look at friends moving away as a good excuse for a road trip or vacation!!


25. What are you most grateful for?
I used to answer this question without hesitation. And the answer was my ability to love. I had a very rough childhood, and a very rough time in my early adulthood with love and friends and family. I always saw my ability to love and let people in emotionally an amazing thing. The fact that I was scarred emotionally and mentally but was still able to trust and love others was wonderful to me. I am not sure what I feel about this now. I'll think about it again in 6 months!


26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I'd rather lose all of my old memories. No particular reason though.


27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
For me it is. But then again I am a person who takes people and things at face value. This may not be the smartest way to go about things because it has really burned me in the past. But to this day I am still like this. If you tell me something, I will believe you. A lot of people call this naivety, I call it trustful!


28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No, but something that has happened to me has now become my greatest fear. My *original* greatest fear was drowning.


29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Lol no, I do not. And I'm sure it matters somewhere in the depths of me, but no I guess consciously it doesn't matter. But I'm sure it shaped me in some way!


30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
My happiest childhood memory was being on the swings and running around the park with my older brother and my mom. I just remember running and playing and feeling the wind on my face and laughing and feeling free and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment