Monday, December 20, 2010

New Year, New Home?

I don't know if I'm just feeling restless, if it's just that I'm going through a rough time, or if my feelings are genuine, but I want to move. It's all I can think about these days. I love Atlanta and all my friends and family in it, but I feel like finding a new place to call home. I always imagined that I would fall in love, get married and raise children in Atlanta. But I can't even imagine being in love, much less finding someone here to fall in love with. And I'm not even sure I want to be married or have children anymore. I've let go of all the ideas and fantasies that I used to hold so tightly to, and building a life in Atlanta is one of those dreams. I think it may be time for me to move on.

I don't really have any firm ideas of where I want to live. I have learned in the last year that I am much more of a hot weather and beach girl than I ever though before. I would much rather be hot than cold and in snow. There's a pretty cool website that after answering about 8 pages of questions, suggests cities in the U.S. that may be to your liking. They base their picks for you on factors like weather, population, school systems, the size of the city and lots more. And even if you're not looking to move it's just fun to do the quiz and see what places they suggest for you! Here's the website:
findyourspot.com

I took the quiz and here are my Top Ten Spots:

1. Honolulu, Hawaii
2. Charleston, South Carolina
3. Los Angeles, California
4. Houston, Texas
5. Orlando, Florida
6. San Diego, California
7. Orange County, California
8. Long Beach California
9. Tampa, Florida
10. West Palm Beach, Florida

I'm excited to look into these places and the possibility that I might be making a big change soon! Change can be good, right? We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. Kourt, If you move to Houston, TX then you will be about 20 minutes from Sarah and me :) Well, I'm not there, yet. But I will be! I vote Houston :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty interesting! Your #2 is very cool to me - I hear wonderful things about Charleston, and the cost of living is nowhere near as high as Hawaii and California. My boss also lived in West Palm for a while and loved it. I am taking the quiz now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! My results are pretty much the polar opposite of yours, since I'm more of a woodsy girl. We definitely aren't set on staying in GA forever, and this is such a great little resource, especially as someone interested in smaller towns. :)

    ReplyDelete