Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gratitude is the Best Attitude

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "thank you?"  ~William A. Ward

If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.  ~Frank A. Clark

Gratitude is the best attitude.  ~Author Unknown

I'm working on feeling grateful every single day so I can appreciate all the positive and beautiful things in my life and bring even more into it! Today I am grateful for friends and family.

I'm grateful for D who calls to check on me constantly and has been with me through the thick of it. I think she has a 6th sense about when I'm feeling my lowest and calls to listen to me cry and share stories about S  which always cheers me up! Thank you.

I'm grateful for F whose random stories and funny words makes me forget why I'm feeling sad. Thank you.

I'm grateful for B who makes me smile, without fail, every single day. This is something that I need more than I can put into words. Being happy for those few minutes means more to me than he probably knows. Thank you.

I'm grateful to P and P whose tough love and yummy food I just couldn't live without! Thank you.

I'm grateful to E who is one of the very few who actually makes plans with me and keeps them! Without him I would rarely leave the house! Thank you.

I'm grateful to O for giving me a very comfy place to stay and shoulder to cry on when I needed it most. Thank you.

I'm grateful to A for understanding me emotionally like no one else in the world ever has and for always having positive, enlightening things to share with me. Thank you.

I'm grateful to L who follows me around, almost stalkerishly (pretty sure I just made that word up, but I am a Grammar Queen, so yeah) but makes me feel loved and wanted. Funny how such a small thing can do that. Thank you.

I'm grateful for J whose constant invites to hang out are extremely appreciated and needed. And even though I haven't taken her up on them quite yet, I will and very soon! I'm getting there, I promise! Thank you.

There are a million other things I am grateful and thankful for. I try to remind myself to start the day saying thank you for anything and everything I can think of, down to what seems the most insignificant. Once I get going, it's easy to think of more and more to be grateful for. It's something I will try my best to keep up with.

Happy Wednesday all!!

1 comment:

  1. Kourtnie! I just wanted to tell you that you are an inspiration!! You've inspired me to get back to my blog that abandoned almost a year ago, which I know is pretty inconsequential, but nonetheless I wanted to share. I have been checking in on your blog and thinking about you. And to the tune of this blog, I am grateful for YOU! Your positivity and ability to make everyone feel like a friend are admirable and even on down days you are still those things. Keep your head up and I hope for nothing but good things to come your way!

    ReplyDelete