Friday, December 17, 2010

Free Your Mind Friday

I came across an article with a list of questions that is meant to "Free Your Mind". And since I'm a sucker for questionnaires I decided to answer all 50 broken up into a few posts. Hence, Free Your Mind Friday. Feel free to comment with your own answers. Here goes!

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
Probably 19. I used to feel 16 inside, but this past year has aged me a bit!

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
I think it's pretty obvious that I'm a try-it-at-least-once kind of girl. So never trying is worse to me.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like, and like so many things we don't do?
Well I don't do that many things that I don't like. But I guess you need balance. Happy doesn't feel happy unless you have sad to compare it with, right?

4. When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done?
I'm sure there are some things I will leave this world without experiencing, but I'm certainly doing everything I can in this lifetime to make sure it's a full and adventurous one!!

5. What is the one thing you'd like to change most about the world?
The amount of violence that occurs in it.

6. If happiness were the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Being a party and wedding planner. I love planning and I love working with and around people!!

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you're doing?
Right now I'm settling for what I'm doing. Sadly, I don't find the same level of joy I used to in my work, although I am still committed to it, if that makes any sense!

8. If the average human lifespan were 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Well I imagine I would have started dating at 9 instead of 18 to find my soul mate.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I think I am to blame and to congratulate for a large majority of the going-ons and happenings in my life. I'm a total believer in Fate and Destiny but also a huge believer in Free Will. I am where I am in life because I am meant to be here, but I also help get myself here.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right things?
That's a weird question. I don't really think there is a "right" or "wrong" way to do things except how you perceive them. Something right for me may be something completely wrong for someone else. I usually just do what I want, when I want, and how I want without really worrying about too much else, unless of course it affects someone else's life.

2 comments:

  1. 1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
    I'd say about 25. I feel like I'm always thinking about where I want to be when I'm 25. I need to get myself back down to living in the day I'm in!

    2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
    Definitely never trying. There are way too many things that I need to try... which is why I need to make one of those lists of things to do this year!

    3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like, and like so many things we don't do?
    Ditto... you have to do the things you don't like so that you can "earn" the good. Sometimes, too often, I think we let the things that we "have" to do get in the way of the things that we like.

    4. When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done?
    Unfortunately, probably I'll have done more talking than doing. I'm a dreamer, just gotta get the doing thing down. I worry and think about things too much.

    5. What is the one thing you'd like to change most about the world?
    Wish I could make it fair. Seems I've been thinking about that way too much lately, though I know life isn't fair and never will be. Other than that, I would love to change the world to create more supportive communities. We are "closer," able to travel the world, but we grow farther and farther apart from each other.

    6. If happiness were the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
    What I'm doing now, helping kiddos grow and learn is what makes me happiest. It may not be the most monetarily rewarding, but it IS -the- most rewarding job in the world, I think. :)

    7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you're doing?
    I'm glad to be doing what I believe in. I have the best job in the world! Sometimes I may forget, but it just takes a kiss/hug/smile or two and I remember again.

    8. If the average human lifespan were 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
    I would definitely be on the house thing more, hopefully getting onto family by now.

    9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
    For better or for worse, I am responsible for where I am now. I'd say I'd put about 60% to personal choices, 30% to partnership decisions, 10% to fate.

    10. Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right things?
    Ditto... weird question... though I think I get where it's coming from. I worry more about doing the right things, I think, the things that I want for my life that seem to need to be happening right now. Just the whole me worrying too much about things that are out of my control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool - think I will do it on my blog! Interesting read.

    ReplyDelete