Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Good Friend

Today I lost someone I considered a good friend. With all the loss in my life lately I did not take it lightly. At first I was so angry at what was being said to me and about me, but as the day went on all I felt was sadness and hurt. I'm not sure where we got our signals crossed, or who misunderstood what, but the damage that is done feels irreparable. Maybe we were just too different. Maybe we wanted different things out of the friendship which caused strain and hurt feelings. Maybe we just misunderstood each other. Or maybe what I'm going through in my life at the moment is just too much to expect someone else to go through with me. Completely understandable. Whatever the reason, my heart is hurting tonight. I know I will always think of this friend. They were an amazing friend, who helped me through an extremely rough time in our too short friendship. I hope this isn't the end of our story. But if it is, I will always be grateful and thankful for the time I had.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on this. Last year I experienced some big changes in my friendships. There were several I considered very important, and at some point realized they just weren't healthy friendships at all. It was sad, but I am honestly happier now, and I hope things look up soon for you!

    ReplyDelete