Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Dating Game

Okay. It's been some time, but I guess I'm officially back in the dating game. This doesn't mean that I am actively dating per se, but I've decided that I'm opening myself up to date again. I used to love dating. There was definitely a time where I was on anywhere from 2 to 10 dates in a single week (I think a personal record was 6 dates in one weekend). I was young and having fun and really enjoying myself with lots of different guys and interesting (or not!) conversations and going to new restaurants and bars. What's not to like? You get dressed up, someone tells you how pretty you are, after a few drinks you're both laughing and hopefully enjoying each other's company all the while trying whatever "cool" restaurant happens to be good that week.

But that was then. I felt young and carefree and happy and unencumbered with anything too serious in life. I definitely don't feel any of those things now. I am absolutely not looking for a relationship at all, for a long time. But I don't think it would hurt to take my mind off of things by hanging out, meeting new people and having someone to have fun with. I guess we'll see how this goes. Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I should follow what you have just said. I should put my self out there more :) thanks for that! and goodluck on that as well :)

    http://lifespamphlet.blogspot.com/2011/01/gallery-of-resolutions.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! :) As much as I love Brian, I do sometimes regret that I never really experienced typical "dating," per se. Good luck, girl! Do what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete