Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting Older

My birthday is a little over a month away, and I'm freaking out about turning 27. I've realized lately that little things are making me feel so old! For example:

* When drinking caffeine after 2pm keeps me awake at night. I noticed this like two years ago. I remember being able to drink 6 Diet Cokes a day and still sleep like a baby.

* When I throw my back out (it happened 2x in the last year!!).

* When the kids on Real World look and sound like, well, KIDS. I remember when I was younger and thinking "Wow they seem so grown-up!". Not so much anymore.


* When the children I babysit for introduce me to a new pop star or song (which btw is kind of embarrassing). "Whip My Hair" and Nicki Minaj are two I can think off the top of my head.

* When I find alarming amounts of gray hair (yikes!!!).

* When a guy hits on me, then tells me his age, and he's younger than me. I remember when EVERYONE was older than me and I never asked a guy how old he was before a date.

* When I only have to use one hand to count how many more years until I'm 30.

This getting older thing is probably not as bad as I'm making it out to be, but it's daunting nevertheless. And I can't stop freaking out about it!! Hopefully after my birthday passes I'll get used to being in my late 20's. Here's hoping!!

1 comment:

  1. I relate to the caffeine thing - changed to caffeine free Coke because having it after about 4:00 PM keeps me awake!

    ReplyDelete