Friday, January 14, 2011

Free Your Mind Friday

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Denise and her family, Granny, Pam and the boys, my mom and siblings.


42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No. Now extremely rich is another thing...


43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
I think taking conscious steps toward being happy and experiencing what you want out of life instead of just getting through the day is the difference.


44. When is it time to stop calculating risks and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
For me, it's when my heart is telling me to do it. Although I have to admit I've lived my life following my heart, and I succeed just as often as I fail. And failing after following your heart is a hard blow to take, but I wouldn't live any other way.


45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Like I said failing sucks! And it hurts. And it's hard to pick yourself back up and go on. But I think that's the point sometimes. To realize that you can be at your lowest, that life can be more awful than you have ever imagined, that you don't know how you can handle the pain, but you still go on. It's incredible to know that even after feeling all of that, things will get better. You will be okay. Life goes on.


46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Not much. I think I live my life knowing that some people may have thoughts and opinions about what I'm doing, but I don't think that stops me.


47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
When I read this question! But before that when I was in the car a few days ago and I turned the radio off to chant. Before I started I was quiet for a minute or two. I noticed a lot of things in the quiet, my breathing being one of them.


48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love love and I love people. I love music and romance and the beach and reading and babies. I love taking drives and sleeping in and eating yummy foods and singing out loud. I love talking and laughing and dancing and hugging and dreaming. I love skipping and napping and smiling and kissing and making others happy. I have a lot of love in me. I always joke that if I have met you more than twice, that I love you. Loving comes very easily to me. I love so many things, that it's a very rare thing for me to let even an hour or two go by without doing something I love. So yes, I think living, in and of itself, openly expresses my love for what I love.


49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
No, I don't think so. I don't feel as if I've done anything remarkable enough in the last few days that would make me think back five years from now.


50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I think I constantly struggle with this. I try to make my own decisions in life. But I think I have a personality that makes me easily influenced and led by others. Sometimes I'm happy to be led. Other times I am all about doing what I want, when I want and how I want. My dilemma is figuring out which way is the best way in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment