Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Palm Reading

Have you ever had your palm read? I have! It was something I had always wanted to try! I was on a road trip to Nashville in 2009 with my then boyfriend (seriously, what was I thinking with that one?!?) and we walked by a little shop advertising palm reading and we decided to give it a try. I've always read that a lot of times phony psychics will use you to help figure out what you want to hear in your reading. They look at your clothing, who you came with, and your facial expressions to sort of figure you out. So I went in by myself, determined to keep a straight face and not "give anything away".

Since it was my first time getting my palms read, I wasn't really expecting anything one way or the other. I just thought it would be an interesting experience. So I was pretty floored when she began reading, and said some things that were so spot on they were scary! For instance:

* She described my overall personality and view on life.

* She told me how many siblings I grew up with and described to a tee my childhood and current relationships with my family.

* She described the romantic relationship I was in and told me specific things about my boyfriend at the time.

* She detailed my outlook and mindset on finances and money.

* She correctly told me what I did for a living.


And then there are things that she predicted that have since happened:

* She said that I would soon be making a huge move, somewhere near the beach/water. (I immediately thought California; that's always been a dream. STJ wasn't even on my radar at the time).

* She told me that while the man I was with at the time was in love with me, that he was not my soul-mate (duh).

* She predicted that there was a man in my life who still kept in touch with me, and would try to rekindle a romance sometime in the future. She also said it was my decision whether or not to pursue it, but if I did pursue the relationship a second time around, it would work out. (This did happen. I chose not to pursue it).


And then there are several other things that she foretold that haven't happened yet! I have them written down and tucked away. We'll see if they come true some day! What do you think? Have you ever visited a psychic or palm reader?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't, but years ago, Wes's sister went to one in Zimbabwe. The lady somehow knew she had a younger brother, and she said she saw him in uniform in New York City. We laughed at the time - he was in college, golfing, and it seemed totally not possible. Now he's a firefighter...who knows?

    ReplyDelete