Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mental Health

I just got off the phone with the health center here. I have two appointments next week: One with a doctor just as a general check-up and assessment of my symptoms of depression and to re-evaluate my need for medication. I'm not sure how it will go, but I feel tons better since starting on Zoloft. And my anxiety is nearly non-existent! There doesn't seem to be any awful side effects so I'm assuming everything will stay the same with that. I am still having trouble sleeping, so hopefully they will prescribe something new for that since the Trazadone was a huge fail.

The other appointment I made was with a therapist on St Thomas. Now that one I'm a little nervous about. I dread rehashing my story to someone new. But I do think it's important, and necessary, for me to get back into therapy. Cross your fingers for me. Let's hope it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment