Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Memories

One of my most vivid Easter memories was terrible and it took me YEARS to get over. I was about 6 years old and my siblings and a few cousins and I all lived with my Granny in New Jersey. We grew up poor and when Easter came around that year Granny didn't have enough money to buy Easter baskets for everyone. I remember her pulling me and my older brother aside to talk to us. When we asked where our Easter baskets were she told us that on the way to our house, the Easter Bunny had gotten into a car accident and had to go to the hospital. She then proceeded to show us a picture in the paper of an actual car wreck, and told us that was the Easter Bunny. Well of course I freaked out! She told us not to tell the younger kids so they wouldn't be scared. So I kept it to myself. This haunted me for years until I realized that the Easter Bunny wasn't real. And while I know she was just doing the best she could, this my personal lesson #865 on how not to raise children!

No comments:

Post a Comment