Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby or No Baby?

For some reason, lately, I am really struggling with the decision of whether or not to have children. Let me be clear that I in NO WAY mean anytime soon. I mean in my lifetime. I realistically can't see having children in the next 5 or 6 years, much less right now. I'm not sure why it's on my mind so heavily. Maybe my age has something to do with it? Let me tell you that I no longer believe "ticking biological clock" is a metaphor. I think about babies and children every single day. Some days I know for "certain" that I want kids. And some days you couldn't pay me enough money in the world to get pregnant again. And then again on some days I think maybe adopting or fostering is the path my life will take in the children department. I try not to think about it, but again, it is something that constantly runs through my head on a daily basis.

In saying that, I've come across some interesting reading lately. I have lots of Child-Free friends in a forum that I frequent. They passed on an article about choosing to live a CF lifestyle which is a possibility:
The No Baby Boom

For now I figure I have a good 8 to 10 years before I really have to decide on the whole baby thing. But then again maybe something will happen between now and then to really sway me one way or the other! That still doesn't stop me from thinking about this EVERY SINGLE DAY, but at least I have a cushion of a few years. Until then, an IUD will be my best friend:)

1 comment:

  1. good to know I'm not the only one hearing that tick... it's such a hard decision, and our culture does not make it easy, since most people (like me!!) can't really afford to take care of a child while they are of the age where it is healthiest to have a child.

    ReplyDelete