Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Helping Hand

When I lived in Atlanta I did a lot of volunteer work with just about any and every organization I could find that needed help. The work, time, and occasionally money that I put into my volunteering was always well worth it and made me feel connected to the community and to people in general. And to be super honest, it makes me feel good to volunteer! Unfortunately I have fallen out of volunteering and community service since moving to St John. But that's going to change next week! Through my job at St John Catering I have met a very sweet women on island who heads the St John Community Foundation. I have a meeting with her next week to sign up for volunteer opportunities and I'm very excited about it! I'm not sure what I'll wind up doing, but I will blog about it next week and share what's going in my life volunteer-wise. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment