Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Mind Musings

* I started a new journal this week! I'm guessing this is around journal #40 or so! I stopped journaling right after I lost the Blueberry last year, but I felt ready to start back up. It feels good to be writing for myself again:)

* The modeling job I booked back in November was supposed to happen on Thursday, but the ocean was a choppy and it was overcast and rainy so we had to postpone. Still looking forward to a day out on a boat as a bikini model!

* I'm so excited!!!! I'm no longer working 7 days a week! I actually have a whole day, Sunday, off! Working every single day was definitely starting to wear me down, so I'm very much looking forward to a day to do nothing every week!

* 1,000 government jobs have been cut in the USVI, the oil refinery on St Croix closed leaving 2,000 more people unemployed, and 2 popular restaurants on St John closed within the last week. For a territory that employs around 120,000 people, losing that many jobs seems troubling. I said it before and I'll say it again, the economy here is making me nervous! Sky figures we'll cross that bridge when it gets here, but I plan on having several back-up plans, just in case that bridge is nowhere to be found when we get to it.

* My new favorite Pandora station is Indie Kids. Don't ask me why! But really I'm loving the mix of music!

* I'm still ridiculously obsessed with Pinterest!!!!!!!!!!! I. CAN'T. STOP!

* I've heard that AT&T is raising their prices, again. I already pay an arm and a leg, AND the signal is on the shittier side of shitty here. So yeah, I'm thinking we may be ditching that company.

* I'm doing my best to become an impressive, world class DIYer (Do-it-yourself-er) buuuuuuuut, it's so hard to find the things I need on this little island! I'm in the middle of 4 or 5 DIY projects that I can't go any further on. Why? Because I can't find simple things like knitting needles, fabric, non-slip rug mats, buttons, canvas or about 10 other things necessary for my projects. I'm not going to lie, it's a bit discouraging. It'd probably be easier to just buy things new, but that would be completely against the point, right?!

* I'm finished with work for the day, and I feel TERRIBLE!!! So I'm going home to dive into bed and watch movies and stuff my face with ice cream and other goodies!

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend friends!!!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment