Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday Mind Dump

* My apartment needs a good scrub down but I just can't find the energy or motivation to do it. I just dislike this apartment so much! I'm giving myself 30 more minutes of "play time" and then I'll start tackling it. I hope!

* I have a lunch date today! We're going to Caneel Bay for the buffet. I've never been but I hear it's yummy!

* I saw one of my ER doctors dancing in the parade at Carnival this last weekend! If you look at the photos I posted earlier, he's one of the guys in the bright, shiny metallic outfit. He even recognized me and waved! I thought it was hilarious! Only in the VI...

* I'm trying to upload videos from Carnival but the internet is soooo slow here that I'm not sure if they will ever finish loading!!

* I've started applying for jobs in Hawaii. I'm thinking of going as early as late summer. Yes, I'm really going!! Wish me luck!!

* One of my worst fears came true a few nights ago: I woke up to a palmetto bug (which is a nice way to say a huge, ugly, scary, you-know-what) running up my arm!!!!! I had a total freak out and then a melt down at 3am. Did I mention I hate my apartment? No matter how much we spray and spray and spray some more, they keep showing up. Thank goodness I only see one every few days. But still, that many is TOO many for me. Gross.

* I've been meditating and chanting again. Sometimes my meditation is just sitting quietly and listening to the sound of my breathing. Even a few months ago, sitting quietly was very hard for me. I would start thinking about everything and overwhelm myself and end up in tears. So I'm happy that I'm slowly getting back into it.

* There's the cutest, tiniest little lizard that lives in the store where I work. My boss and I named him Gordon, Gordie for short. I've tried to get pictures of him, but he's so tiny and fast! I think he's camera shy.

* There's a chance that Sky and I will be able to sail down island next month on a friend's boat. I hope it works out!! I would love to go!!

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment