Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Blues

My sweet Blueberry is on my mind. I have cried more in the last two days than I have cried in weeks. I have the Baby Blues, though not in the traditional sense of the phrase.

Did I ever share that I think our Blueberry was a little boy? I often wonder what he would look like. Would he have Sky's eyes? My smile? What would his hair be like? What shade of brown would his soft, baby skin be? What nicknames would we have come up with for him? I used to imagine calling him to come eat his dinner. And picking up bugs. And wrestling with Sky. I think about that little boy all of the time.

"How very softly 
You tiptoed into our world
Almost silently;
Only a moment you stayed.
But what an imprint
Your footprints have left
Upon our hearts."

- Dorothy Ferguson


1 comment:

  1. Awww I'm sorry you have the blues!!! idk what to say to make u feel better---but i'm sure blueberry wouldve been precious & everything you ever wanted!
    -tiffanie

    ReplyDelete