Monday, October 11, 2010

Open Book

I'm an open book. I don't think anyone would disagree with that statement. I share, and sometimes over-share, everything about my life. My thoughts, my plans, my decisions or anything that happens to be going on in my life at the moment is pretty much fair game for me to discuss with any and everyone. I'm sure I was born this way. I've always been a talker. And a blurter-out of things. I'd like to think that this can be charming, but it's probably just annoying.

One thing that I should have been more cautious about sharing is my pregnancy. The rule, which is as old as the day is long, is that you should keep mum about expecting until you're in your 2nd trimester. But between Sky and I and our freakishly similar ability to spill a secret in record time, everyone knows about the baby. Facebook helped a little too. And still, I have at least a week and a half until my second trimester. Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm happy we decided to share, even if we aren't out of the woods quite yet.

I know for a fact that I've been over-sharing with the details of being pregnant to my friends. The girls at work regularly hear the words placenta, vagina, breast-feeding, bloated, morning sickness, uterus, and epidural (to name a few) from my mouth too many times a day to count. I'm just so amazed, if not a little grossed out, about everything that happens to your body during pregnancy!! It really is incredible!

We plan on posting and sharing sonogram pictures, the sex of the baby, and even pictures of the nursery after it's decorated! In saying that, we've decided that there is one thing we will keep a secret. Sky and I have decided that the baby's name will be for just the two of us to know until the baby is born.

This is a secret I'm excited to keep!! Happy Monday all!!

1 comment: