Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We're Engaged!!!!

Sky and I are engaged!! We both knew it was coming but where and when he did it was such a surprise!!!! He asked me to go for a walk with him so we took a trail that runs behind his parents' house to Willow Creek. Once we got there Sky asked me to help him look for heart shaped rocks (something we've done since we first met) by the river. So I was wandering around in a circle looking for rocks to take home. Sky sort of nudged me in a specific direction and told me to look "over there". Once I walked in the direction he pointed he asked me if I had found anything. Sitting on a big rock was a small, carved ivory box. I think that's when I realized what was happening so I started freaking out. I picked it up and opened it and when I turned around Sky was on his knee!! I laughed hysterically while Sky asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!!! I, of course, said yes. Then I cried!! It was a very sweet moment. It is definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life!!!!


 
Sky and I right before our walk...

I'm excited to see where we're heading!!

The rock I found my ring on...


It was a special moment for us and this is definitely a story I look forward to telling our children one day!!!! 





1 comment: