Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vacation!!!!

For any of you who don't know, Sky and I are leaving in a handful of days for vacation!! We're going to Alaska for two weeks to visit his mom, do some sightseeing, and generally just to get the hell off this island!!! We are both so excited to have a little bit of time off. If you know me you know I rarely let a month go by without a road trip or vacation squeezed in between the crazy busy days of life! That was one of the reasons I was so in love with Atlanta. You're only a few hours away from a busy city, a sleepy beach town, or the quiet mountains, whichever happens to be your pick. I don't find getting away here in the islands quite as easy. Just about any form of transportation is expensive and a hassle to get to. And obviously driving will only get you so far here; 9 miles to be exact. Yup, it's a really small island.

So off we go to wide, open, beautiful Alaska for 2 whole weeks!!! I cannot be more excited to start every morning with a walk!! I can't wait to wear a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and sneakers!! We also have hikes, camping, a visit to the fair, a road trip, and a backyard bbq to look forward to once we're there! If that doesn't sound like an awesome vacation, then I don't know what does:)

One of the things on my Must Do list: a visit to Target. I miss Target more than I ever imagined I could miss an inanimate object ! But it's hard to go from 4 visits a week to nada for eight months!! Can we say withdrawals? I seriously have dreams about shopping in Target. So the point is I miss it!! That will honestly be my first stop after landing in Anchorage.

Other things I'm looking forward to? Eating at McDonalds (or really any fast food place), seeing a movie, shopping in a real mall, drinking Starbucks, and buying fresh, inexpensive, healthy food. I also miss driving on the correct side of the road, or driving period!

It really can't get here fast enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment