Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Romantic

Today Sky and I won a once in a lifetime prize!! Right after we got engaged I, of course, was obsessed with all things bride and wedding related. I joined The Knot so I could start getting ideas about what we wanted on our wedding day. At the time there was a contest on The Knot website. All you had to do was upload a picture of yourself and your fiancĂ© and tell a little bit about how you met and your engagement story. I thought it seemed like a cute idea so I entered and forgot about it.

Fast forward to today! I received an email saying that Sky and I actually won the contest!! An associate at The Knot told me that we were the runners up, but one of the couples had to drop out so would we like to take their place? I was so excited that I was shaking and barely heard a word that she said!!!!

So our prize? We, along with 13 other couples, are getting married at the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day!!!! It turns out that the only day that you can marry there is on Valentine's Day!!!! And you have to apply and be chosen for it!!!!  We are so excited (can you tell?!!!) and grateful for this. And boy did this good news come at just the right time.

So the rush is on for me to find a dress, a suit for Sky, book accommodations to NYC and choose the 20 people we'd like at the ceremony. I think that last part will be the hardest since we want everyone we know and love to celebrate our day together!! The consolation is that we plan to invite any and everyone up to NYC for the weekend to help us celebrate and party, even if we can't take everyone to the ceremony. And we definitely plan on having a big celebration here in Georgia late next year for those who can't make it.

This really changes all of the plans that we had going for our wedding, but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Besides isn't getting married in one of the most amazing cities in the world, in one of the most iconic buildings in history, on the most romantic day ever just a dream come true?! It certainly is for us!!

2 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome!! YAY, you deserve it :) And I agree SO romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP! I did not even know this happened, where have I been?! I can't skip blog reading anymore, ugh! That is so exciting! Any progress on plans yet?

    ReplyDelete