Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Goodbye

Sky and I lost our baby, our sweet little blueberry. On October 24th, exactly 2 months after we found out we were expecting our little one, we found out that our baby had no heartbeat. This has been the hardest thing I have ever experienced in my life. Some people may not understand our grief since we were only 13 weeks into the pregnancy. At times I've even been surprised at the depth of my grief and the force of my tears. But we were so joyful when we found out about this baby. We loved this little guy already. We had hopes and dreams and plans and even a nickname for this little person growing inside of me. When I found out that I was miscarrying my heart and soul felt like it was being ripped apart. I have never felt so broken-hearted or hurt or angry or sad in all my life. My body literally ached from the emotional pain I was in. For the first couple of days I cried almost non stop it seems. I would go to sleep or take a nap and wake up forgetting all about what happen, only to have it hit me in the stomach with full force again. I never in a millions years imagined that this would be the outcome of my pregnancy.

It's hard for me to find much to be thankful about these days. But I am so thankful and grateful for a loving and supportive fiance, even from thousands of miles away. I know I could never get through this without him. And I definitely owe so much to my sister, who took me in, made sure that I ate, held me when I cried, and spent hours with me just letting me talk and helping me to see that some day I will be okay and life will be happy again. Right now my grief is too overwhelming to see that, but I know I'll get there. I just have to take it one day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Kourtnie! You are such a strong person - I love reading about your life on your blog and I think it's also good to share the bad times. Sometimes it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kourtnie,
    I stumbled upon your blog by "accident". I just saw this post....I just want to say that my heart is breaking for you.
    Some people may not understand the love you already had for that little baby, but from the moment a woman finds out she is pregnant, life changes. Mike and I lost a baby before Syriana, just a few weeks in (5) but it was still HARD.

    Your sister is right, someday life will be good again, you will be happy again.
    But for now do what you need to do for you, grieve in the way YOU need too.
    I am thankful you have love in your life and special people to help you.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary Beth- Thank you! That really means so much to me. You're so sweet! I thought writing about it would help too. And it has:)

    @Andrea- Thank you for your kind words. And I'm sorry for your loss! I find that hearing other's stories makes me feel like I'm not so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry this happened to you, I really am. I am dealing with some tough things and cry about them and can not imagine how much harder things are for you right now. I feel for you, dear. If you need anything or would like to talk or hang out or cry at my place, you feel free!

    ReplyDelete